What is an Dependant Pass?
Where an employee of a company has been granted an Employment Pass, EntrePass or S Pass, she/he will often be accompanied to Singapore by a spouse and children. All accompanying family members need a pass to stay in Singapore. Acclime can assist you and your family members obtain a Dependant Pass (DP).
Dependant Pass in numbers.
≤ 3 weeks
≤ 2 years
Who is eligible for the DP?
You can apply for a Dependant’s Pass for your family if you meet these requirements:
- Hold an Employment Pass or S Pass.
- Earn a minimum monthly salary of $6,000. This is based on your salary, and not based on your combined household income.
- Are sponsored by an established, Singapore-registered company (usually your employer).
For dependants of EntrePass holders the requirements are as follows:
- To bring your spouse (common-law or legally married) and Children your total annual business spending must be at least $100,000 and you must employ 3 LQS (full-time employees, formerly known as FTE these are Singaporeans and Permanent Residents who earn a monthly salary of at least $1,300 and receive CPF contributions for at least 3 months) OR 1 local PME (professional, manager or executive).
- To bring your parents your total annual business spending must be at least $200,000 and you must employ 6 LQS (full-time employees, formerly known as FTE these are Singaporeans and Permanent Residents who earn a monthly salary of at least $1,300 and receive CPF contributions for at least 3 months) OR 2 local PME (professional, manager or executive).
To bring your family in, you need to apply for the respective pass types:
- Spouse (legally married)
- Unmarried children under 21 years of age, including those legally adopted
Long Term Visit Pass
- Common-law spouse
- Unmarried handicapped children above 21 years old
- Unmarried step-children under 21 years old
How to apply for the Employment Pass?
- Acclime will complete the Assessment of eligibility to apply for family passes form and will assemble the supporting documents.
- Within 8 weeks from the application, the Ministry of Manpower will inform you whether you are eligible for a Dependant’s Pass or Long Term Visit Pass.
- We will submit the application for a Dependant’s Pass or Long Term Visit Pass.
- Get the pass issued: the family member must be in Singapore when you request for the pass to be issued. When the pass is issued you will receive the notification letter.
The notification letter:
- Will allow your family member to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
- States if the foreigner needs to register to have fingerprints and photo taken.
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue.
- Register for fingerprints and photo (if required by the notification letter).
- Delivery of card
Dependants of Employment Pass holders, EntrePass or Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holder can receive a Letter of Consent to work in Singapore if they have found a job.
Dependants of S Pass holders will need to apply for a Work Permit, S Pass, or Employment Pass instead. They will have to meet the eligibility criteria for these passes.
- Dependant’s Pass holders who receive an Employment Pass or S Pass are required to cancel the Dependant’s Pass.
- For S Pass dependants who receive a Work Permit, the Work Permit’s validity period will be tied to that of the S Pass holder’s pass.
Taking care of the whole immigration process from start to finish.
What you will need to apply.
You will need these documents to apply for a Dependant’s Pass:
- Copy of the family member’s passport
- For children who share a passport with their parent, you must also submit the parent’s passport
You may need to submit additional documents depending on the family member you are applying for:
- Spouse (legally married: Copy of the marriage certificate
- Unmarried children under 21 years: Copy of the official birth certificate stating the parent’s names. Verification of Vaccination Requirements (for entry to Singapore) document issued by HPB is needed for foreign-born children who meet these conditions: Aged 12 years old and below. Applying for a new DP – this includes those whose DPs have expired or been canceled for more than 30 days. Existing DP, LTVP, and Student’s Pass holders do not need this document.
- Unmarried, legally adopted children under 21 years: Copy of the adoption order or other relevant documents.Verification of Vaccination Requirements (for entry to Singapore) document issued by HPB is needed for foreign-born children who meet these conditions:Aged 12 years old and below. Applying for a new DP – this includes those whose DPs have expired or been cancelled for more than 30 days.Existing DP, LTVP and Student’s Pass holders do not need this document.