What is an Employment Pass?
Employment Pass (EP) is a pass issued to professionals, managerial personnel, executives or specialists who wish to live and work in Singapore for more than six months.
Employent Pass in numbers.
≤ 2 years
Who is eligible for the EP?
The Employment Pass is for foreign professionals who:
- Have a job offer in Singapore
- Work in a managerial, executive or specialised job
- Earn a salary from $3,900 (experienced candidates need higher salaries)
- Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialised skills
The Application for an EP is open to all nationalities.
How to apply for the Employment Pass?
Acclime holds a Select Employment Agency License and can assist you and your employer with the application procedure by following the below steps required by the Ministry of Manpower:
- Get a written consent for employment from the candidate.
- Fill up the application and upload the required documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Check application status.
- get the in-principle approval (IPA) letter (it usually takes 3 weeks).
You must be in Singapore when we request for the pass to be issued.
To get the pass issued Acclime will:
- Make the request and submit the supporting documents.
- Provide a home or office address where you can receive the card.
- Nominate up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card, and provide their NRIC, FIN or passport number, mobile numbers, and email address.
- Pay the fees.
- When the pass is issued, deliver you the notification letter.
The notification letter:
- Allows you to start work and travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
- States if you need to register to have fingerprints and photo taken.
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue (it can be extended depending on travel plans).
Taking care of the whole immigration process from start to finish.
What you will need to apply.
In order to apply for the employment pass we will request from you the following documents:
- Passport copy
- Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass
- Details concerning your residential address in Singapore
- A local address where the card can be delivered
- Contact details of at least one authorised recipient to receive an SMS or email on the delivery details
We may also need to submit copies of these documents:
- Disembarkation / Embarkation card (immigration white card)
- Completed medical examination form or health declaration form
- Completed declaration form attached with the in-principle approval letter. The form should be signed by authorised human resource personnel, or any person holding at least a managerial position in the company.
The Employment Pass is usually issued within 6 months from the in-principal approval.