What is an EntrePass?
The EntrePass allows eligible foreigners to start and operate a new business in Singapore. Find out what businesses are eligible, how to apply, and how our team of specialists can help you obtain your EntrePass in a fast and easy way.
EntrePass in numbers.
Who is eligible for the EntrePass?
EntrePass is open to all nationalities.
You can apply for an EntrePass if you:
- Have started, or intend to start, a private limited company registered with the Accounting and Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
- If registered, the company must be less than 6 months old on the date you apply
- If not registered, you can do so after you know the outcome of your application
- Meet any of the following innovative criteria for application as an entrepreneur, innovator or investor. You do not need to meet all of the criteria for each respective profile or type, but having more qualifications would help your application.
- Your company raised funding of at least $100,000 from a government investment vehicle, venture capitalist (VC) or business angel that is recognised by a Singapore Government agency.
- Your company is an existing incubatee at an incubator or accelerator in Singapore that is recognised by the Government.
- You have significant business experience or network and promising entrepreneurial track record of starting highly-scalable businesses and want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business in Singapore and you must fulfil any of the following:
- You have founded and sold a tech company.
- You have raised significant funding from investors for a current or past venture.
- You have been or are being incubated by an internationally renowned incubator or accelerator.
- You have strong industry networks and business contacts that are related to your proposed business.
- You have received recognition by a national body, recognised media publication or credible industry organisation for your professional, business or entrepreneurial achievements and track record.
- You or your company hold an intellectual property (IP), registered with an approved IP institution, and you must fulfil all of the following requirements:
- Your IP must be registered with an approved national IP institution.
- Your IP delivers a competitive advantage to your proposed business and cannot be easily replicated.
- One of the shareholders or the company must be the owner of the IP.
- Expired IP can be considered as long as one of the shareholders is the inventor of the IP.
- Your company has an ongoing research collaboration with a research institution under the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), an Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) in Singapore and you must fulfil all of the following requirements:
- The research collaboration must be related to your proposed business.
- The research institution needs to provide a contact person to verify details of the research collaboration.
- You must be involved with ongoing research collaboration.
- Contract of services is not considered to be research collaboration.
- You have exceptional technical or domain expertise in an area related to your proposed business and you must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Your area of expertise must be related to your proposed business.
- You have outstanding achievements or received international recognition in your area of technical or domain expertise.
You are willing to invest a substantial amount of money in a local company and have a track record in one of the following:
- Investing in and driving the growth of highly-scalable businesses.
- Substantial experience (minimum 8 years) as a senior management professional or executive in a large corporation.
Businesses that are not eligible
The following businesses are not eligible for an EntrePass:
- Coffee shops, hawker centres, food courts.
- Bars, night clubs, karaoke lounges.
- Foot reflexology, massage parlours.
- Acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, herbal dispensing businesses.
- Employment agencies.
- Geomancy business.
How to apply for the EntrePass?
The process of application for EntrePass takes approximately 8 weeks and it includes the following steps:
- submission of the application
- obtain in-principle approval (IPA) letter (at which point you will have 6 months to come to Singapore and get the pass issued)
- submit the supporting documents
- obtain the notification letter (it allows you to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the passcard; states if you need to register to have your fingerprints and photo, and is valid for 1 month from the date of issue).
- register fingerprints and photo (if needed)
- receive the EntrePass card
Taking care of the whole immigration process from start to finish.
What you will need to apply.
You will need these documents to apply:
- Your passport
- Details of your current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass
- Your residential address in Singapore
- If available, past employment testimonials in English or CV providing details of your professional experiences, awards or recognitions
- (For businesses registered with ACRA ) Company’s latest business profile
- A business plan in English consisting of:
- Product and service offered
- Market analysis
- Operation plan
- Profile of management team
- Supporting documents, e.g. licensing agreements, product certificates and endorsement patents
- There are additional documents needed for applications submitted by entrepreneur, innovator, or investor and our team of experts will guide you through these
You may also need to submit copies of these documents:
- Disembarkation / Embarkation card (immigration white card)
- Completed medical examination form or health declaration form
- Completed declaration form attached with your in-principle approval letter