Skip to main content

Long-Term Visit Pass
in Singapore.

If you are an EP or S Pass holder and want your common-law spouse, step-child or handicapped child to relocate to Singapore with you, they will need to apply for a long-ter visit pass. Our immigration team can help you get the pass for your family quickly and easily.

Long-term visit pass in Singapore

What is a Long-Term Visit Pass?

The Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) is for a common-law spouse, step-child or handicapped child of an Employment Pass or S Pass holder. Pass holders earning over $12,000 can also get a pass for parents. Find out about the pass and how Acclime can help you apply and obtain an LTVP.

Eligibility criteria

Who is eligible for the LTVP?

You can apply for a Long Term Visit Pass for your family if you meet these requirements:

  • Hold an Employment Pass or S Pass
  • Earn a minimum salary of $6,000
  • Are sponsored by an established, Singapore-registered company (usually your employer)

You can get a pass for the following family members:

  • Common-law spouse
  • Unmarried handicapped children above 21 years old
  • Unmarried step-children under 21 years old
  • Parents – only for those earning a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000
Application process

How to apply for the Long-Term Visit Pass?

  1. Acclime will complete the application form and will assemble the supporting documents
  2. Within 3 weeks from the application, and if the application is successful, the Ministry of Manpower will issue the in-principal approval letter
  3. After you receive the in-principal approval letter, you have the following period of time to bring your family member to Singapore before you can get the pass issued:
    • Dependant of EP holder: 6 months
    • Dependant of S Pass holder: 2 months
  1. Get the pass issued: the family member must be in Singapore when you request for the pass to be issued. When the pass is issued you will receive the notification letter.

The notification letter:

  • Will allow your family member to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card
  • States if the foreigner needs to register to have fingerprints and photo taken
  • Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue
  1. Register for fingerprints and photo (if required by the notification letter) for EP dependants, within 2 weeks; for S Pass dependants, within 1 week
  2. Delivery of card

If you are holding a Long Term Visit Pass issued by the Ministry of Manpower, you will need to get a work pass to work in Singapore.

You first need to get a job offer in Singapore, then get your prospective employer to apply for an Employment Pass, S Pass or Work Permit for you. You will have to meet all the criteria for the pass that your employer is applying for.

Taking care of the whole immigration process from start to finish.

Pre-application advice
Pre-application advice on available types of work / residency visas in Singapore and requirements for a successful application
Application tracking
Filing and tracking the status of applications
Documents issuance
Arranging for issuance of EP / DP cards upon in-principle approval
Handling renewal of work and related passes
Application documents

What you will need to apply.

You will need the following information related to your family member for issuing the pass:

  • Passport details
  • Current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass
  • Residential address in Singapore
  • A local address where the card can be delivered.
  • Contact details of at least one authorised recipient to receive an SMS or email alert with delivery details

You may also need to submit copies of these documents:

  • Disembarkation / Embarkation card (immigration white card)
  • Completed medical examination form or health declaration form
  • Completed declaration form attached with the in-principle approval letter
Ready to get started?

Our dedicated immigration team can process your visa application quickly and reliably.

Not sure where to begin?

Schedule a free 30-minute discovery call to discuss starting & operating your company in Singapore.

Faith Garcia, Client Relations & Business Development