What is a Personalised Employment Pass?
The Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is specifically designed for high-earning Employment Pass holders and overseas foreign professionals. It is not tied to an employer and offers greater flexibility than an Employment Pass.
Personalised Employent Pass in numbers.
≤ 8 weeks
≤ 3 years
Who is eligible for the PEP?
You can apply for a PEP if you are:
- An overseas foreign professional and your last monthly salary overseas was at least $18,000. Your last drawn salary should have been within 6 months before you apply.
- An Employment Pass holder earning a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000
You are not eligible to apply for the PEP if you are:
- An Employment Pass holder under the sponsorship scheme
- A freelancer or foreigner who intends to work on a freelance-basis
- A sole proprietor, partner or where a director is also a shareholder in a registered company
- A journalist, editor, sub-editor or producer
To keep holding a PEP, you must:
- Not be unemployed in Singapore for more than 6 months at any time. Otherwise, you will need to cancel the pass.
- Earn a fixed salary of at least $144,000 per calendar year, regardless of the number of months you are employed
- Submit notifications to the Ministry of Manpower concerning the following:
- When you start or leave a job
- If you change your contact details, such as local contact person or address
- Your annual fixed salary. You need to declare it by 31 January of every year.
How to apply for the Personalised Employment Pass?
Acclime holds a Select Employment Agency License and can assist you with the application procedure by following the below steps required by the Ministry of Manpower:
- Fill up the application and upload the required documents
- Pay the application fee
- Check application status
- get the in-principle approval (IPA) letter (it usually takes 8 weeks). The IPA gives you 6 months to come to Singapore and get the pass issued.
You must be in Singapore when we request for the PEP to be issued.
To get the PEP issued Acclime will:
- Make the request and submit the supporting documents
- Provide a home or office address where you can receive the card
- Nominate up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card, and provide their NRIC, FIN or passport number, mobile numbers, and email address.
- Pay the fees
- When the pass is issued, deliver you the notification letter
The notification letter:
- Allows you to start work and travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card
- States if you need to register to have fingerprints and photo taken
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue (it can be extended depending on travel plans)
Taking care of the whole immigration process from start to finish.
What you will need to apply.
In order to submit your application you will need the following documents:
- Passport copy
- Details of your current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass
- Your residential address in Singapore
- A local address where your PEP can be delivered
- Contact details of at least one authorised recipient to receive an SMS or email on the delivery details
You may also need copies of these documents:
- Disembarkation / Embarkation card (immigration white card)
- Completed declaration form attached with your in-principle approval letter